LinkSource works with mostly medium size to large enterprise companies as well as government agencies. If any of the scenarios below sound like your company or organization, you may be the right fit for cybersecurity managed services.
Cyber Security Managed Services Business Scenarios
Simply put, smaller to medium-size companies are easier to hack. Limited resources and funding are typical barriers to installing systems to protect their privacy and their data. Some of these companies do not even use anti-virus, ad and pixel tracking blockers and firewalls, which will filter out a huge amount of basic attacks. Larger companies may have similar issues, depending upon their budget allocations; however, one breach could mean the end of their business or perhaps spending millions to recover from a cyber attack, as in the case of Sony who reportedly paid out roughly $15 million.
Large Enterprise Companies
Most companies aren't prepared for a cyber attack. According to A&T's second Cybersecurity Insights Report, this one on Exploring IoT Security, "the report, less than half of respondents (47 percent) say their organizations analyze connected device security logs and alerts more than once a day — a pace that will need to quicken as the risk profile rises. Only 14 percent of companies have instituted a formal audit process to help understand whether their devices are secure and how many devices they have, and just 17 percent involve their boards in decision-making around IoT security.
Unlike data and privacy breaches, which threaten to compromise medical records and credit-card information, the security risks to IoT devices could have far greater consequences — for example putting patients, automobile drivers and others at risk. According to the AT&T report, the threat is likely to increase as the number of connected devices swells to an estimated 50 billion devices by 2020."
The private sector isn’t isolated in facing increased cyber terrorism attacks. Government agencies are tasked with meeting the Federal Information Security Modernization Act requirements, yet the urgency to act isn’t always a clear and easy path. “According to Mike McConnell, former director of the National Security Agency (NSA), he stated that the U.S. Congress, Department of Defense (DOD), State Department, and “every major corporation in the United States” has been a victim of a cyber hack. Moreover, hearings following the OPM breach highlighted a number of agencies that had yet to meet their Federal Information Security Modernization Act requirements.” [source]
LinkSource Technologies works with private sector and government agencies to implement a clear path to compliance as well as securing their privacy and data using cutting-edge technology. Below are a few ways they advise securing your data and network. Avoid becoming complacent
- Being complacent about cyber security is like leaving the front door wide open inviting hackers to come into your house.
- Checking off the proverbial “compliance boxes” as having a secure network is a myth. Compliance does NOT equal security
Private sector partnerships
- “Government relies on private industry computers, and while both private and public networks are targets for future breaches, private industries arguably have the greater incentive, funds, and technical knowledge to respond to security risks in a timely and effective manner.” [source]
- Keeping cybersecurity talent in the government sector is a growing problem. Many are leaving in search of private jobs, which offer greater job satisfaction, increased pay as well as many other perks.
- With an outsourced Security Office Center (SOC), many agencies are able to get the high-quality services they need along with greater visibility into their network on a 24/7 basis.
- Cybersecurity managed services can augment a small team or a busy staff. A highly skilled cybersecurity staff can integrate with existing staff creating a rock solid team.
Below is a list of the various industries LinkSource Technologies serves.
- Human & Social Services
- Law enforcement
- Quasi-government agencies
About LinkSource Technologies
LinkSource believes that migrating to new technologies should be a seamless and simple experience for their clients. They partner with organizations to identify their unique business requirements and advise on secure, reliable, cost-effective solutions.
They are recognized technology advisors in the Telecom and Cloud Enablement industries and manage millions in annual client revenue for some of the most prominent global brands. LinkSource is known for thinking outside the box to create opportunities where others see obstacles. Their highly skilled, innovative team brings a fresh approach and perspective to common, and often complex problems. To learn more about LinkSource, click on the button below.